Grants and Awards
The HSA runs two annual award schemes.
The Humane Slaughter Award
- recognises individuals or organisations, anywhere in the world, that have made significant scientific, technical or other advances that have led to improvements in the humane slaughter of livestock.
- Applications can be in person or by nomination.
Dorothy Sidley Scholarships
- awarded to support students and industry trainees undertaking research projects that are aimed at improving the welfare of food animals during transport, in markets or at slaughter.
- Up to £2,000 available per award
- Open to students registered at universities and colleges in the UK or outside the UK at establishments that have a UFAW/HSA LINK person, and to industry trainees in the UK.
The HSA also offers grants for essential research and other projects aimed at improving animal welfare during transport, in markets and at slaughter.
Back to top